08 August 2013

Visa

Today I got an email from the consulate in NYC stating that they have received my Visa application and that they will process my documents in a little over a week. This is exciting news because once I have that, I can book my flight for Sept 14th!



Last week or so, I had already completed my biometric appointment which is basically getting finger prints scanned and a photo taken. This was done at a local branch of the NYS Department of Homeland Security, so that was one of the last documents I needed to mail out. Next I would be able to complete my pre-registration profile, I cannot do that now without being issued a UK Visa by the British consulate, afterwards I will take care of my approved courses. Things are moving pretty quickly and I almost have one more month left!

The next few weeks will consist of getting my room contact, which I submitted my accommodation file to Sheffield, and then putting down a deposit for housing. Where I want to live is in Endcliffe Village, but more on that on my next post about housing. Thanks for reading. :)


This is a picture of Endcliffe Village!



No comments:

Post a Comment