13 August 2013

VISA, Housing, Banks and More!

Greetings to my blog followers and readers,

I finally got my Visa to study in the UK for the year! I received an email about it today, and did not realize this because I was trying to figure out my housing deposit situation. Last Friday, I received my Room Contract! I now know where I will be staying, with an address and everything! Woot!

The email read:
Residence Contract- 42 Weeks New Student.
Accommodation: Room 2, being a single furnished en-suite study bedroom in Endcliffe Village.
Residence: Apartment C3 in Millstone Apartments.
Etc...

This means I have to put a deposit down and link it up to my bank account. Which brings me to my next big news: I opened up a bank account that won't charge me internationally and can use to pay to Sheffield! Now with that I have to figure out how to make sure I have my deposit and payment by this Friday. This is giving me a headache because under student payments I am considered an Overseas Student and do not have a British Bank Account, so I have to go through a different method in order to pay. Hopefully UB's Study Abroad Office can help me out again. My advisor back in Buffalo is the best, she has helped me out so much and does her job really well.
Once I set up housing payments and all that "fun" stuff (yeah right....) that goes with it, I will be able to finish off Pre-registration online. Uploading my passport and newly issued Visa to the site.

Phew, that was a lot in a span of 7 days, especially with everything coming in around the weekend. I just hope this process turns out smoothly because I get anxious with all this coming at me at once :S
My parents help with the stress because we are able to look at the forms and documents together, not sure what I'd do without their help! Thanks guys ^^!

Lastly, I just got a new digital SLR camera that I am sooooooo excited to familiarize myself with before I takeoff. It's a Canon Rebel 3Ti with the regular 18-55mm lens AND a 55-250mm lens (can you say closeup much?!). Till next time, thanks for reading!~






No comments:

Post a Comment