21 August 2013

Got my Ticket Outta Here!


Looks like after every time I post, a couple new things come up the next few days. This time it was payments made out to housing, week long orientation, plane ticket and airport pickup. 
My passport came in the mail last week and it has a UK entry clearance stamped on it: 


With THIS I was able to get through everything else I needed to. Here is the run down guys:

Housing: I had to make a housing deposit by last Friday, 16 Aug, and was waiting on my Charles Swab card that I was expecting it to arrive by then. Since it did not come until after the deadline, I went ahead and paid for housing and everything else that goes into it with a different card. It was a relief having finished the deposit for there were couple details I had to go through carefully.

New Card: My new bank account I had opened up this month sent me a debit card via mail. I will use it to pay for anything that the school needs to charge me, bank transactions and personal expenses. It is nice that I won't be charged with international fees when I use British ATMs.

Plane Ticket: I know the exact times I will be leaving the States and arriving in England.
My flight leaves from JFK, arrives in London and then I take another plane to the Manchester airport. Leaving 14 Sept, at 7:45PM and will eventually arrive in Manchester on 15 Sept, at 10:30AM. Ticket price was not bad at all from Expedia, other airlines will charge you more directly! 

Meet & Greet: I will get picked up at the MAN airport by representatives from Sheffield for some cost, which is cheaper than an hour cab ride to Sheffield. They will be able to take me to Stephenson Hall in Endcliff where I will be staying at for the Residential Orientation Programme.

Orientation: From 15th September 2013 – 21st September 2013 
This orientation is the week prior to Intro Week, the main arrivals period, where I will get a chance to meet new students like myself and get to know Sheffield prior to classes beginning. This is very exciting because of what's included! More on that when I arrive ;-)

Glasses: This last one is for myself really, I am so happy with my new glasses. My new look with my confidence is ready to take on the U.K. B-)  

See you on my next post!~











No comments:

Post a Comment