01 August 2013

First Blog Post

Hello and welcome to my blog! My New Home in Sheffield is my personal blog that I will be sharing with my friends and family so y'all can follow me for the year as I take on the United Kingdom! Wooot! I am so excited to just get there already but I still have to get my Visa. Yeah you know, the important mother of all documents that will allow me to travel and stay in the UK. Without a student visa, I won't be allowed in the country so I need to get everything in order. Time is ticking....

I am applying for a Tier IV (it's what its called, don't worry bout it) Student Visa as we speak and I need to get supporting documents to then send to the consulate in NY. I do not have a plane ticket booked yet, nor do I have housing and all the other fun stuff I have to do this month.... I had my biometrics done yesterday with fingerprints scanned and my picture taken, if you care to hear about that. Anywho,  this process is stressful and everything has to go according to plan. My official UB transcript came in the mail today, I think, and the UB Financial Aid Letter has to arrive real soon so I can mail everything out. But I am not worried, I "Keep Calm and Carry On" as the days get closer to my departure day.

Well that's it for today, hopefully I can get people to actually sit down and read this at some point. Im doing this for myself and everybody back home that I love and will miss. Ok enjoy guys, I'll keep this blog up-to-date on my life. Take care!

3 comments: